Friday, January 21, 2011

Tilly and Aarya are 2 - "Happy Birthday Daddy Cake"




Tilly and Aarya have birthdays 2 days apart and so Anisha and I decided that a joint birthday picnic with our fabulous mother's group would be a great way to celebrate. Anisha made amazing playdoh with natural food colouring which went down a real treat and Tilly and I made Oat and Spelt Crackers to give out. We felt that two birthday cakes were necessary so that they each had candles to blow out, but I reckon we could have just lighted them twice on the same cake. And Tilly first understood about birthdays when it was her daddy's birthday and so Happy Birthday always ends in "Daddy Cake".

I can't describe how wonderful my mother's group has been. I was full of intrepidation when I ventured into this world and feel so blessed to have been able to spend the last two years meeting up on tuesday mornings with a group of wonderfully diverse, genuine, generous and funny men and women, always keen to listen. As our first born's grow up and start day care, the group numbers are dwindling but I don't think that will be the end. We have been through so much together I reckon these friendships will last a long time. I severely hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment